Sunday, February 17, 2008

Year in Review

With the start of the New Year, I've been reflecting on this past year being my first year in the mobile home business. What can I say? It has truly been a learning experience for me. I am thankful for all the people out there who have helped and supported me in this new venture.

Reflecting back on the year, I have learned many things and have made my share of mistakes. Though, I am grateful for seizing the opportunity and the experiences, both the good and bad.

In terms of my goals for financial freedom, I still have quite a road ahead of me. But, I know I can get there bit by bit. I take it all as a learning experience. With each opportunity I take, I am one step closer to creating another passive income stream which will get me closer to my goal of achieving financial freedom.

During this past year, I have learned the following:

1. The mobile home business is work - hard work.
2. Park managers are key.
3. When in doubt, ask. Though I may not know the answer, someone else does.
4. It's hard to find good people to work with. Hiring people is a skill that I have learned.
5. Without a support group, it is very difficult. Money is not everything. Cherish the ones who have been there for me.
6. Continue to learn. Be a lifelong student.
7. Have fun!

With the start of the new year, I am ready to take on the challenges that lie ahead. I have dedicated myself to continue and learn. In the end, it will truly be worth it.

No comments: