Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Here we go again!



Here's another deal. This home was an eviction - very different from what I'm used to. Most of the deals I've made have been straight from long time homeowners. The situation was pretty complicated. I won't go into too much detail - let's just say there was a lot of drama with the seller's personal situation. Enough said.

In any case, the seller had the physical title from the owner on record. This meant that ownership needed to change from the owner on record to the seller, and then to the seller to me. I did not know if this was possible to do on short notice - the park manager literally was going to evict the seller in 2 days! Eeeek!

So, I get on the phone with the housing office and they tell me it can be done but needs to be done all in one transaction. Otherwise, we will have a waiting period if done separately. Ok, good. Now, all I needed to do was talk to the park manager to stop the eviction.

I get on the phone with the park manager - he agrees to work with me but not with the seller. So, the eviction was stopped. We went down to the housing office, did the title work and now the seller is packing and getting ready for the big move.

The seller is having a garage sale this weekend to raise more money for the move. We agreed that no funds will be paid until the seller is completely out of the home as well as all of the contents in the home. I am not going to be stuck with someone else's stuff. Agreed.

Wow, what a roller coaster ride this has been ! The park manager now tells me there's another one in the park he wants me to look at - same situation - he is getting ready to do another eviction. Guess this is how you learn, just going through the motions!

No comments: