Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Terminology Tuesday - Mobile Home Skirting

Mobile Home Skirting is material used to cover up the exposed area of a mobile home which usually goes around the lower bottom portion of the home.

There are many different types of materials you can use to "skirt" a mobile home including vinyl, wood, cinder block, brick, fiberglass, etc. The most common material used is vinyl skirting which is usually white in color.

Most mobile home parks will require mobile homes to be fully skirted. When moving a mobile home, one of the cost considerations is purchasing new material to re-skirt the mobile home once in a new location. (If you're interested in getting an idea of what's involved when moving a mobile home, check out this video).

If you're a handy person, you could always connect with a mobile home mover in your area and purchase and/or ask for used skirting from their mobile home moves. In most cases, mobile home movers will just rip out the skirting and throw it away when getting ready to do a mobile home moving job. If you're handy with tools, you could always learn how to remove the skirting and do that part of the job for the mover in exchange for the used skirting.

Here's a video so you can see what mobile home skirting looks like and the process to keep it in tact.

(p.s. Warning: The music is a little hokey but it's a good video overall on the subject).

Happy Investing!

Video Link

No comments: